Printer Problems WIth USB hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys. I am new here. I am having a problem with a printer plugged into a usb hub. I have a Radio Shack powered USB hub with a 10ft USB ext cable and a 15ft usb cable. It is all connected to a HP 2420. If you plug the printer into the 15ft cable direct to the computer it works fine. If you hook it to the hub it shows up with an UNknown device. What could my problem be? Thanks for any help.

No not with the location of my printer. I know that USB is only good for 16ft unless you have a powered hub. That is why I got the powered hub.

Thanks for the reply

The cables are not Radio Shack cables. They are double shielded good quality cables. The one between the computer and the hub is a radio shack cable though. I wouldn't think it wouldn't hurt it since the signal is boosted at the hub.

temporarily, move the printer close to the system and use standard lenght cables with the hub to see if the cables are the problem. With the cost of USB
cables, it's sad to find one that's not up to snuff :blackeye: but it does happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back