Printing from Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

R. Ravenclaw

When attempting to print from Outlook 2003, I receive the following error message:

An error has occured in the script on this page.
Line: 639
Char: 1
Error: Invalid argument
Code: 0
URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg
Do you want to continue running scripts on the page? y/n

I search the error on google and found possible solution,
This behavior occurs if the Ole32.dll file that is located in the %Windir%\System32 folder is not registered correctly in the registry.
Back to the top

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, register the Ole32.dll file. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, click Run, type the following command in the Open box, and then click OK:
Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll
2. In the RegSvr32 dialog box, click OK.
but it did not solve the issue. Can anyone provide something else I may try?

Thank you for your time!

This is usually a printer install error. You may have to remove the printer. Then use a registry cleaner to clean up all references to the printer install. Then after a reboot, reinstall the printer.
You might also check the printer manufacturer's web site for new printer drivers and patches. If it is a known error, there will be a patch posted to fix it.

I failed to mention that the error does not occur every time I print, just with a few contacts, but always with the same contacts.

Sorry for my ignorance, (I'm only in the IT field for one year) but from where would I download the Ole32.dll? From the MS site?

google is your friend. But i'd prefer to download it from an MS source myself if possible.

Thank you for your suggestions. I tried it, but had no luck. I posted my problem to a MS board and the fix there worked.

I replaced the iepeers.dll with a known good one and then in the run box typed regsvr32 iepeers.dll to register the file.

Problem solved! I thought someone else may find the info useful.

:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back