Problem: Folder opening at Window Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan123

Hello,

I have a little problem with Windows startup; any help be very appreciated!

Since the de-installation of a program (Spybot), a window opening its (former) folder opens during each startup. The folder (which actually shouldn't exist anymore, since I uninstalled the program!) contains no files but only two subfolders dubbed "plugins" and "updates". While the former is empty, the second contains a file named "online.ini". I refrain from deleting the whole folder (and its subfolders) fearing that this could prompt complications as it is opened during each system startup.

Using msconfig, I cannot determine any startup process that could be responsible for the opening of the folder window. Same is true for regedit.

The Question: What could be the cause of this problem and how could it be solved? Don't want this folder to pop up every time I start my computer.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Perhaps the easiest solution might be to reinstall SS&D, then try uninstalling it again.

Regards Howard :wave::wave:

Check in your startup's folder.
START - ALL PROGRAMS - STARTUP

pdyckman@comcas said:
I would delete all the Spybot folders and subfolders etc. This should stop the reappearance of them.

This may cause an error message relating to folders not found.

if the folder opens on startup, just remove it from the start-up process.
use "msconfig" or "regcleaner" or "ccleaner" to find where this startup value is located and delete/disable it.

Worked out

howard_hopkinso said:
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Perhaps the easiest solution might be to reinstall SS&D, then try uninstalling it again.

Regards Howard :wave::wave:

That unlikely measure (as simple as it is) really helped. The folder is no longer opening. I don't understand it, but I'm very fine with it.

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back