Problem identifying why my display shows nothing

Hey,

When i boot my stationary computer, it starts and everything seems fine. Only the screen shows nothing.

I have over the last couple of weeks replaced every component except my RAM and my screen(Not that it really classifies as a component). The screen in itself works, since i've plugged it into this laptop without problem.

So I'm thinking it's got to be the DVI-VGA apapter(yes, i use a vga cable) or the graphics card. The gfx card would be wierd since i just bought it and everything should be compatible with my new motherboard.

Specs(Will update with all of them when i get home):
XFX Radeon HD 5670
Asus M3A78 Motherboard

Incorrect diagnosis

I just realised that I hade incorrectly diagnosed the problem.
The computer does'nt really ever boot. All the components just run. There are no beeps or flashes of "the locks" on the keyboard.

I just had this problem and successfully solved it.I tried allot of things to be sure that I can fix it so I'll just tell you everything I did,maybe one of these will work for you too :
1.Take your graphic card out and reseat it.
2.Try removing the graphics card and then plug your monitor in the other graphic output(motherboard).
3.Swap the RAM or just take them out and put them back.
4.Let the computer and monitor powerless for some time (Take the BIOS battery out for some time).
5.This one is kinda stupid but it worked for me xd : With the power cord unplugged,push the power button for 30 seconds and then plug the cord back in(still pushing the button).The computer will start and the monitor should work too.
Meh,I hope one of these will help you solve your problem.I know how frustrating it is :) If none works,ask around,someone must know the answer.
Good Luck :)

Back