Problem launching sims 2, need display memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so here's my problem:
i bought the sims 2 a while ago. it worked for me right off the bat. i had no problems until i moved. it was literally like one day everything was running smoothly with my game and then the next day, it stopped working and said that it couldn't detect the directx 9.0c compatible graphics adaptor and to make sure that it was installed. i looked, and it IS installed. everything else on the computer works just fine. i did that thing where you go on to the EA EasyInfo page and it tells you what the problem is. it says that i have 0.0 display memory and i need 32.0. i have no idea how to fix this. can somebody help me please?

'm not sure how to do that... umm it's a dimension 8200 dell and i just downloaded the latest nVidia driver and the latest ATI driver. i don't know what's wrong. there was a post from about two years ago where somebody had the same problem... display memory read "0.0" and it says that it needs 32.0. i don't know what that means or what to do about it.

that means your video mem. is 0.0 and needs to be 32. what I was trying ot find out is what video card u have?

could someone help with this? I have a similiar problem. I took out my graphics card to use the Mother board graphics and it tells me the same thing.

Well maybe its because your onboard graphics are horrid for playing a game like Sims =O, Usually your motherboard graphics is worst then a seperate card.

Make sure the card is properly seated in the slot.

Also i recommend goin to this site before buying games:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

What it does
System Requirements Lab looks at your computer's hardware and system software to determine whether or not your current system can run a product. Each of your computer's components is evaluated to see how well it meets the minimum and recommended requirements for specific products. Recommendations are made on how to update or upgrade each component which does not meet the listed requirements. Sometimes it is a simple free software download and sometimes it is a link to a product such as the right video card.

You will need install active x from that site before you can run the tests.

Regards Jase

no. my mobo graphics are better. let me explain like thusly.

I have games. I play games fine.
my friend has extra graphics card, so we put it in.
I once again play games fine.
then disaster strikes. I buy bfme2. doesnt work. granted this might be a vista problem, but besides the point.
so... I take out the graphics card, and put my stuff back together, delete the old drivers and what not, and using easyinfo, on a diffrent game, mind, not the sims2 it tells me I have no display memory.

I like that site heres what I have note its a core 2 duo

Minimum: 2 GHz
You Have: 1.86 GHz Performance Rated at 4.89 GHz

Lol, they have there stuff straight. HL2 harrasses me for being below 2ghz even tho im at 2.5

I have the exact same problem as sufferthorn. I have all of the system requirements except for the display memory and I don't know what to do about it. I'm pretty sure I don't have a graphics card and I'm thinking that that could be the problem but I am still not sure. I have windows xp and everything is working right except for the display memory and I don't know how to fix it.
Can anybody please help?
Thanks, I appreciate it! :D

Help! Sims 2 display memory 32.0 problem!

Harro all....
well i have had sims 2 for ages now
n i just recently got a Acer laptop from my sister and my sims 2 will not work on it
i really need help
i have looked in Electronic Arts Easy Info and it says i have everything except Display memory
i have 0.0 and i need 32.0
how do i get this?
Sims 2 worked on the house computer which was some old old computer which doesnt have any video cards or anything but it wont work on my Acer Laptop
So please please tell me how to get Display Memory up to 32.0
Muchly Appreciated
xxx Taylarh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back