Problem ultimate edge 5.1 sound card from philips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madder

I am having trouble reinstalling my driver for my Ultimate Edge 24bit 5.1 soundcard. I recently tried to install a new video card, a radeon 9600 from Tyan, which, thus far, hasn't worked properly. So I reinstalled my NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 Model 64/64pro. Everything works fine again accept my soundcard. I have 5.1 speakers too, which I cannot hear. I kept a download of the soundcard driver on my PC for piece of mind. However, when I reinstalled my vdeo card the soundcard wasn't working. It appeared as normal in the device manager but there was no noise coming from it and I couldn't open it's own philips control panel or sound agent 2 any more. I uninstalled it and restarted the PC and tried to install the driver again but the computer crashed, and has continued to every time I try to reinstall, even from a new download from philips website and the report from microsoft was as follows http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/....2.0?SGD=8ed72f7a-9a72-46ae-ba6d-9d7ff2d9a19f

A driver problem.

I have an AMD Athlon 2000+xp 1.67Ghz, 256MB RAM, WIn Xp Pro, DVDRW, CDRW, 3.5" Floppy, 80GB hard drive, Philips Ultimate Edge 24 bit 5.1 soundcard. And also an extenal Sound blaster, which I only use to transfer midi from my Zoom digital recorder. To use the Sound Blaster, I used to simply disable the Philips card and once I'd finished, I enabled it again. I don't even get any physical sound from my sound blaster as it's not 5.1 compatible.

I remember having trouble with these drivers in the past. I never allow windows to search for a driver as instructed in the items manual. I always stop the windows installation manager and run my own driver which I have saved to my PC. In Fact even the Philips disk never worked previously for me. I have an icon for my philips control panel on my PC down in the right hand corner but it fails to open driver when I click it. If I try to open the Sound Agent 2 from my program files it tells me that it failed to open driver . My version of sound agent 2 is Version 1.01.054

I am starting to suspect that it may be an internet explorer issue. Perhaps if I revert to IE6 and install and then upgrade to IE7 afterwards that might work? Perhaps it won't install on IE7, but if it was previously installed and then upgraded to IE7 it would work?

Can you help me to resolve the issue? I need my Sound back!!

could it be that my external sound blaster should be uninstalled first. Then reinstall Philips UE and then reinstall External sound blaster?

to revert back to IE6 will hurt nothing, but I do not think it will help either, but try if u want and see.

Ok here is the news. I changed the ultimate edge card to a different expansion slot and reinstalled the driver. I restarted. The PC crashed, then rebooted and now the sound card works fine again. Unorthodox, strange, but at least it works. Still can't get my new video card to work though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back