Problem with 1394 of Audigy Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i plugged a second ethernet card (D-Link) i try to hear music but instead of sound an error came out about direct sound...I look at the device manager and under the section of network adapters i notice a yello exclamation mark (!) at
1394 Network Adapters (The Device cannot start - code 10)

I thought that maybe had conflict with the 2nd ethernet,so i uninstall it,turn PC off,unplugged it,start again but the yellow ! was there.After that i uninstall it,reboot to detect it again,but yellow ! was there alright :(

I figure out that maybe audigy platinum card has something to do it,cause the only 1394 are from it.So i uninstall it (remove drivers from add/remove) turn the PC off,unplugged it,start PC without it,turn it off,plugged it (diferent slot) start over and when i finished install it from the CD i show that the yellow ! still existed
The fun thing is that when i try to install an update driver from creative.com an error came
SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY PLATINUM NOT DETECTED ON YOUR SYSTEM

the outputs from PCI card are ok (the ones that are for sound, for the firewire 1394 i cannot test cause i don't have gadget using such port) BUT THE EXTRA OUTPUTS that platinum gives are not existing :confused:

Then i unplugged also the 1st ethernet (3com), uninstall,turn off,unplugged,turn on, but the yellow ! is still there and i can not install any update drivers for audigy platinum

I tried also to give specific IRQ for each slot (in case of IRQ conflict) from BIOS but also that didn't work.After reading a few posts from here i'll try install direct-x (older one),run patch for firewire enumerate and update bios but i don't think that will work !!!!! I don't think that format will work so if someone has any other thoughts of solving this plz post it :)

Thanks

Did you try just removing the 1394 entry from Device manager and see if it wouldd redetect and ask for drivers correctly?

What OS are you using, I assume 9x from the description of some of the procedures you went through?

I have XP pro english,and that was the first thing i did...
i uninstall it,i turn the PC off,then on but nothing....
I even disable it to see if i can install the update drivers for soundblaster but this failed too :(
(the error message saying that soundblaster audigy platinum not detected in my system)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back