Problem with connection between 2 computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all.

I have a problem,i have 2 computers at home and each of them has a 10/100 mb network adapter but the local area network's connection is in 10mb.What could be the probelm? Any suggestions for what could i try?

goto network connections and rightclick on the adapter. next to the box at the top where it says the adapters name there's a configure button.

click that, and find the appropriate options...

on mine it's the advanced tab and the "speed/duplex settings"

make sure this setting is set to 100 and duplex and then check the same on the other machine and check your connection again to find ot if it's now running at full speed.

Thanks i've allready try'd it but now it says something like that "cable unplugged". It's Windows Xp on each computer,one of them has a HP adapter an the other is a 3com adapter,and i couldn't find an apropiate driver for the HP and neither the windows update.I found a driver that might work but when i installed it i must go with "continue anyway" because the windows didn't liked it.Could the problem be also with the driver?

PS:Sorry for my english.I'm tyring the hardest i can.

Yea it could be the driver, look them up at the hp website. And theres nothing wrong with your english lol :) i didnt tell if yor from somewhere else

Thank you very much . I will try that or i will change it for an other 3com adapter so that it will be identic to the other,maybe so it will work.

I've changed the Hp ethernet adapter with a 3Com and now it works very good.Thanks for your help.
But i have ao other question,i have two pc's at home and a shared internet connection,and i can't connect to a site from the pc that connects thru the shared connection.From the other pc that connects directly to the internet it works,but from the other not.The network works fine.I've tryed from the other pc another sites and they work just fine.I turned off by both sides the windows firewall but it is still not working.The site is a site where at the first page you most enter an e-mail adress and a password to go on.It's just loading and loading.....but nothing and even the message The page cannot.....does not appear.Same operation system on both computers and no firewall.What could the problem be?

Thanks for all for your answers.

no problem, try goin into your network connections and look at your local conection, right click and try repair. Im not good with internet but it may work :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back