Problem with Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop display, bluetooth card

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNS1310

Had a little...incident...with the laptop. It got dropped..pretty hard..drunk sibling...fight...dont wanna discuus it really...
Took it apart, like I did a couple months ago to replace the motherboard...the wireless card was/is loose, and the bluetooth card fell out. Tightened up the wireless card, but dont know where the bluetooth card goes?
I turned on the laptop before taking it apart after the "incedent" to see what worked, if anything. It started up fine, well, it sounded fine...but I couldnt see anything. Took a closer look with the lights off and could barely see the screen. Was real dark, but there. I do have some vertical lines running thru the screen, so thats getting replaced soon anyways.
So...where do I plug in the bluetooth card, and whats the deal with the monitor? Loose connection? Completely shot? What can I look for in terms of loose connections etc as I put this back together? Any other tips or help? Thanks a lot.

Dell Inspiron 9300.
Its the Bluetooth card. I knew I'd seen it before, goes in the side of the laptop, kinda hidden away. Its never been taken out, but I kinda recognized the size and shape of it, just couldnt figure out where i'd seen it. I popped it back in last night. I took the screen out, everything looks fine but I'm guessing if I put it all together its not going to work. I think I'm going to find and buy a new screen today (like I said, I had a dozen or so of the vertical lines going thru it, was getting replaced shortly anyways.) Everything looks to be ok, a few small pieces broke off, nothing major. Like I said it started up ok, I could hear it, just couldnt see it. I might put it all together, see what happens, the screen would be easy enough to put on and take back off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back