Problem with DirectX......

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelsmit3093

I was trying to update my directX, but when I click on the setup, a command prompt window flashes for a second then goes away, and then nothing happens. I tried doing it in when logged into Admin account(even though I already have full access on my other account), and it worked fine. My video drivers are completely up to date(ATI Radeon x800 Pro), and I've even tried running dxdiag and everything checked out fine. Also, recently when I start up my computer and log on(when it gets to the desktop and everything is loading), a command prompt window flashes real quick and then goes away(this happens every time restart Windows). I'm not sure if that is related to my other problem, but it sounds like it could be. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2. If anyone could help or give me any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much.

What version of DX you running right now ? Are you using DX 9.0 , if soo, then why bother updating,,

I'm running 9.0c, so I guess your right, but I still would like to know whats going on so I can fix it, because it happens everytime I restart my computer.

This may or may not help, but it`s worth a try.

Do a system restore to before your problem began and see if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

the directx install program probably checks for the current version of your DX and sensed its up to date, hence terminating the cmd window.. (note: theory)

the startup command prompt flash you get could be from a service thats starting (network or program related) or maybe a startup virus scanner? is it recent or after you've installed a certain program or changed something etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back