Problem with Drivers installation for NVidia GeForce 8600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built a new computer, and had it all up and running. everything worked except when I tried to play video, it would crash. I found that I needed updated drivers for Windows VISTA, and installed the Series 8 driver set for Windows Vista 32-bit from the NVidia site, so it wasn't a third party issue. The Program ran smoothly, and asked for a restart. I clicked restart now, and it powered down. However, when the computer restarted, it locks up before windows loads, and now I can't even access the BIOS. The Exact Screen looks like this:

Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Copyright (C) 1984-2003, Phoenix Technologies, LTD

(6A61ITT2) Release number 691NOP25
NVIDIA BIOS Version 2.053.71
Main Processor : Intel (R) Core(TM)2 CPU 2.13GHz (266x8.0)

PressDEL to enter SETUP, ESC to Enter Boot Menu
02/08/2007-122CK-NF68-6A61ITT2C-00

PLEASE, if you can, help me!

Can you go back to on-board video? If so (and this is what happened to me when my GPU card died), then you can at least try an older version driver. Remove all remains of the newer drivers.
Also, to get on-board video to work again, I had to remove the new card.

no, the motherboard has no on-board capabilities. However, I figured it out. Something in the BIOS was trying to access the 3 1/2 floppy drive, which turned out to be corrupt. Since it couldn't recognize the drive, it was stuck trying to complete a process that wouldn't go through. We only figured it out after taking almost the whole computer apart. Originally I was convinced that one of the bridges on the motherboard was faulty or that we installed a non-compatible part. But now it's fixed ( I put a new floppy, and floppy ribbon cable in) and now every thing's just fine. But thanks for your suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back