Problem with playback on Windows Media Player 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

B0rb0rigmus

I was copying some CD's for a friend being shipped off to Qatar when after the 4th disc, the playback turned really choppy I can't even get 5 seconds into a song. Now even when I rip the music onto my HD (without actually playing the disc), I get the same choppiness when I play it back off the HD. The 1st 4 discs I ripped will write and playback just fine. When I tried to play them again (thinking maybe it's just the discs skipping or something) those were just as choppy. I tried both my normal CD drive and my CD-RW/DVD drive and both give me the same results.

I'm not sure if this is a WMP 10 problem since I just built my pc and never had v9 on it.

Anyone else have this problem? I'd appreciate anything anyone can suggest.

Thanks.

I can't say I've seen this problem before. But I might suggest using something other that WMP to rip the music. There are tons of free programs out there, I use Musicmatch Jukebox. If you are still getting problems with a different application, then it could be your drives themselves. You might check to make sure DMA is enabled as well.

Be A Man!! Get Winamp!!!

The title sum it up..... :haha:
Winamp.com
Win media player is ok but the search thing is the only thing i like but you get the same with winamp mabe not the range but loads are added to it each day... you might have to buy pro to gat this i really dunno...

thats just my opinion no dis to MS they rule!!!....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back