problem with wireless internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew19

hi people

my sister can't connect to the internet she is on wireless connection using a netgear pen drive this happens all the time. what could be wrong with it

Let's see now..

- The internet is OK, but your sister is clueless
- No internet connection because she didn't pay the bill and the ISP cut the service
- No internet connection because the modem is broken
- No internet connection because the cable between the modem and router is broken
- No internet connection because the router is broken
- No internet connection because the router is misconfigured
- No internet connection because the wireless adapter is broken
- No internet connection because the wireless adapter is misconfigured
- No internet connection because the operating system is broken
- No internet connection because the operating system is misconfigured
- No internet connection because the browser is broken
- No internet connection because the browser is misconfigured

And these are just for starters :)

Maybe you should provide some more information here..

it is none of the Nodsu because if it was the i would have been able to fix them it just coms up with limited or no connectivity now my internet works ok but when there is no connectivity or limted connection i unplug my router and leve it for 10 seconds the it works when i plug it back in. now my sisters is diffrent because hers is a pen drive.

Does the connection have a password?
Do you have any other wireless devices you can use to test the wireless connection?
Can she plug the computer in using ethernet and have it work or is the same result?

Steven

the inteernet dosen't require a password

there is no ethernet conenction on my sisters computer it is a USB and whatever she does it still does the same thing. the house is wireless thoughout so there is no ethernet conenction to her's as for other devices i have a router but that is set up with a network card.

i hope this answers your question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back