Problems with my computer. Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
One day i was trying to connect my canon printer to my computer. At firs everything was ok. I instaled the software from the CANON CD, then the sistem asked me to plug it in and turn on the printer, and i did that. But when computer tryed to conect to the printer it faild "printer not found".Aftef few atempts to fix the problem i turnd of computer.

Next day i tryed to turn on my PC but there was no reaction, i could not turn it on.I dont care about that printer, i need to turn on my PC because i left my homevork there.Please help, before my teacher killed me.

What happens when you try to power on your PC? Are there any beeps? Do your fans spin up?

This may be due to the printer installation or may be something else by coincidence.

If nothing happens, then either the power supply failed, one of your RAM modules failed or your CMOS memory is corrupt.

Try popping out the CMOS battery for 30 seconds, pop it back in and try to boot again. This will wipe clean the CMOS memory and force BIOS to use prgorammed default settings.

Repost with results.

-- Andy

I remembered that few months later i had the same problem. I tryed to conect the same printer to my PC. Other day i could not turn on it. I pluged out the printer from PC and tryed agen to turn in on and my computer worked like a charm. My printer can scan and print while its not conected to the PC. Maybe its fault of the USB cable. That damn cable ruind my PC!!!

Thing only thing you can do at this point, is substitute the power supply with a known good one. I'd also suggest unplugging the printer first, if you haven't already

Just try using a different PSU on the system. Although now it seems that it might not be the issue. It could well be the mobo. Also, did you try clearing the CMOS?

Can you try using the motherboard on another system? Check if that works.

This is not a big deal this happends with lots of computer.. The printer probably has a card reader on it for reading SD cards and the likes. The computer sees this as a possible boot option and chooses it over your hard drive. Unplugging it during startup fixes this because it is no longer there, justr boot up without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back