Problems with my HDD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I have this problem with my HDD, I can't re-install XP on it cuz I get blue screen saying there might be a problem with the HDD..
I find it in BIOS, but not in My Devices..
And I've tried with both mounting an illegal copy of XP in Daemon Tools and an XP CD, none worked.
All I know about it is that it's an Maxtor 200GB, since it's stuck in my comp and I can't get it out (the screws are ****ed up).
So if anyone could help even without knowing that much about the HDD it would be awesome.
I currently run XP on a 40GB HDD from Samsung, and there is also XP on the 200GB... so I can't have both plugged in, cuz it doesn't show both HDD's on My Computer.

Could it be dead ? :S

Sorry for my bad English. :/

Joel.

InsaneClown said:
.. I've tried with both mounting an illegal copy of XP....... Sorry for my bad English.....

Hmm.....did you mean to say legal instead of illegal ?

Techspot doesn`t condone piracy.

When someone asks you if you meant legal, you say yes, even if you didn't. You don't tend to get much help around here with illegal stuff because its a violation of the ToS.

Luckily for you, your problem isn't because you can't afford software.

What do you mean by can't have them both hooked up? Does it not boot, or does it just not show the 2nd in My Computer, your post was confusing. If it won't boot my first guess on reading this is that you have screwed up your jumper settings. You can't have 2 masters on the same IDE channel. So look into that.

If you can boot with the 2nd hooked up, check out Disk Management in Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> Comp Management and see if the drive is there.

I can boot with both hooked up, but only one of them shows up on My Computer, same on Comp Management..
And I find it in BIOS aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back