Problems with my new build, PLZ any help appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OChardcore

I'll start off by saying hello all, have been reading the boards here for a couple months now just have never posted. So hello all and ty for taking the time to read my problems , and thaks for all the wonferful help you guys give to so many people.

Ok to get to the point, Ill get it going by listing my pc, I built it middle last week, and its my first home build.

c2d e6400__CPU
ASUS P5N-E 650i SLi__MOBO
EVGA Nvidia 7600GT 256mb ddr3 PCI e x16__Graphics card
Seagate barracuda SATA 3 gb/s 250gig__HDD
2 x 512mb Corsair XMS2 ddr2 800 pc 6400__Memory
Antec smart power 2.0 500watt__PSU
Coolermaster Centurion 5__Mid Tower 120mm back/80mm front
Lite on dvd burner with lightscribe
Thermaltake TMG i 1 CL-p0370 92mm 4 heatpipes__Cpu HSF
BENQ 20.1 inch widescreen lcd 8ms__ monitor

Ok upon first getting the components I removed the heatsink on the Northbrdge and lapped it and reapplied Zalman ZM-STG1 thermal grease, then installed a fan on it(reviews on the board stated that the north and southbrodge ran a lil hot, ASUS never shipped with a fan only a huge heatsink on the northbridge, and not even a heatsink on the south). I then installed a heatsink on the southbridge.I then assembled everything slowly triple checking everything. Anyway Everything seemd great, installed Win XP pro sp/2, all updates bios/sound/lan/93.71 nvidia drivers/windows/ chipset/ everything. I then messed around with it a few days setting verything up, but then comes the problem. I got Ghost recon Advance warfighter free with the CPU, so im like what the heck ima try this beast out. Installed played for a bit bam crashed, so im thinking ok no biggie something minor. restarted game after about 15 minutes bam totally restarts my pc, upon rebooting got the windos has recovered from a serious problem or critical problem cant rememeber exact what it said now.so im like well its just the game, installed Stronghold 2 and its not evan as graphics intense as the ghost recon game is. Played for roughly 20 minutes same thing reboot. I install ORTHOS run overnight no errors, made a memetest 86+ bootdisk ran overnight next night passed 27 times no errors. At this point im thinking bad VGA so i swith it out twith the one in this old pc im on now which is pci fx5200 crappy!!!, but to no avail same reboot, so now im convinved its not a VGA problem.I hope i explained everything the best, so everyone can see what im talking about. All temps are great btw. CPU on orthos runs 41 C max, MOBO 36 C, the 7600gt pushes around 74 C, btw nothing is OC'd wanted to make sure everything was good before i tried to OC. I decided to run 3DMARK05 for the heck of it to see what happened or if it would even run it without crashing, well i was pissed off when it only ran a 5955 thats so ****ty, and tells me something is so not right somewhere?

So let me know what u guys and gals think? Possibly a PSU problem? Could it be Windows maybe, maybe something corrupt driver or just a bad windows install in general. Maybe a bad HDD. Im just looking for a place to start from here, maybe someone knows something, and can give me insight on something i should check first.

Any questions feel free to hit me up with ur opinions, cause at this point im lost and so aggrivated its not even funny, litterally pulling my hair out here.

Thanks alot for reading my problems and thank in advance for any input and suggestions. OC

I tried to read as much as your wrote but I dont have that much of a Attention span :D

Well anyways, I think it's a PSU problem, I dont think a 500w PSU could handle a 7 series nVidia card

Try using the Videocard in another system, If that doesnt work then try updating your Windows drivers / Fresh install

And if that doesnt work then maybe your Mobo is defective?

1st befor saying that your Mobo is defective you should go to a Computer place and see if they can check it out, Geek squad could work ( even though I probably know more about computers then they do lol )

Also sorry for late response, I guess no one could figure out the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back