Problems with my X1800XT :( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I recently purchased an x1800xt from a website called overclockers.uk, a well known website that sells all sorts of pc stuff, when it came me and my dad install it into my computer and i decided to reformat ( i think this is the prob)

my spec is AMD Athlon 64 Proccessor 3000+ 1.81 GHz and 1 GIg RAM

and of course the x1800xt

i downloaded the latest drivers off ati.com, but the card seems to be under achieving greatly :(, when i start up my computer the motherboard picture is all crazy i have a nvidia lan party mobo and it also literally takes about 2-3 times for it to load windows, i currently am on windows XP pro and i have service pack 2 running,

im a big cod 2 fan and even when i run it at low gfx i get frame lag, and i taught that when i spent over 500 euro on a card that i might be able to at least play it at medium graphics but it seems to be under achieving, i have checked its not overheating.. i no my proccessar is bottlenecking it but it should still be doing better than it is, the monitor also flickers when i turn it on and stuff and i really feel that im not getting my value for money here, any ideas would be really helpful .. i was thinking it might be down to the drivers for the mobo ? or the fact that when i got the card i put it into the mobo which wasnt used for a while stuck in my ram and ran windows on it straight away, any suggestions would be really helpful thanks

Vinny

sounds a lot like WIN XP is useing the basic grafics driver on the computer.. so use a system check program and check up on it.. then ask the site you bought it from.. you should have a 2 year warrenty at the least..

I dont think it was a problem with them, i think its a problem on my side :( btw ill do that check thanks any suggestions on a system checker i should download?

try LAVALYS Everest... its free and it does the trick.. even suggests sites to download drivers from.. if it IS a fault on youre side then check again if the card is sufficiently inside the socket.. ive tried repairs a couple of times when the Graphic card simply wasnt deep enough, inserted..

then try uninstalling everything.. fomateing youre harddrive(s) if possible..

then just as a reminder. you did remember to completely uninstall youre previus card right?

Ya what i did was when i got it i started over, put the card in and the ram and stuff and installed windows there and then.. so there was no drivers before hand you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back