problems with passwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
a few days ago i got locked out of my admin and now i cant do anyhting on my limited account does anyone know how to bypass this password?

mastermichael said:
than dont freaking post genuis

that wouldnt work its a admin

All the suggestions work, the boot disk will reset the password on any valid account wether it's locked or not,

The Sam file holds the password info and deleting it will get rid of all passwords.

You dont want to reinstall as you need the info.

Yes I am a genius (to a small degree) and if you dont want help or dont understand the point of a post then don't insult me, I have been doing this forum for a long time, and I help where I can and in my own time without any rewards other than knowing I have helped as do all those in this forum.

The attitude you have will end up in you being labelled a troll and people will tend to ignore your posts.

Regards

There is a file called user.dat. edit it and see if you can change your limited accout to admin. I've never edited it before, so I wouldn't know what to do to change it, but It's somewhere in there. I know. Try editing

sw123 said:
There is a file called user.dat. edit it and see if you can change your limited accout to admin. I've never edited it before, so I wouldn't know what to do to change it, but It's somewhere in there. I know. Try editing

The User.dat file is only on Win95, 98 and ME and is found on the root drive, under NT 2K and XP they are called Software, System, SAM, Security, Default, and UserDiff. and reside in the System32\config folder and are not readable unless you use a program such as regedit or regedit32.
However you cannot change anything in the registry under a limited account as you dont have the rights.

From this website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back