Processor fan blowing very hard

Apophis2034

I was just curious my processor fan seems to blow really hard and sounds like a jet engine taking off lol is that normal or should I be concerned?

If you have an Intel server board it could be related to incorrect BMC fan settings. That's why I asked. Just make sure you run Intel Server Deployment Toolkit can correctly select which fans are installed. If one fan port is assigned but not connected, all fans will run full speed. The same thing will happen if you have the chassis intrusion selected and the door is open.

My Temps don't get above 60C typically

Here are the specs for my Motherboard and Processor

Motherboard
[FONT=Times New Roman]ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A87TD/USB3 Rev 1.xx[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Bus Clock: 200 megahertz[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 2001 03/08/2011[/FONT]

Processor:
[FONT=Times New Roman]3.30 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X6 1100T[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]768 kilobyte primary memory cache[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]3072 kilobyte secondary memory cache[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]64-bit ready[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Multi-core (6 total)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Not hyper-threaded[/FONT]

Hi, It could be that the fan bearing is dry, it's possible to repair that problem, or replace the fan if easier.
I have had the same with a Radeon graphic card fan. I took the fan out and put some thick oil in the bearing.
The bearing is hidden under a sticker normally.

Try cleaning the dust buildup out of the heatsink - reduced airflow will cause the fan to spin faster trying to keep the CPU cool. If that doesn't work check BIOS settings (hardware monitor section) and see if you can change settings.. Like mike1959 said, it could be a bad fan running too slow so mobo ups the voltage to max.

Hi, It could be that the fan bearing is dry, it's possible to repair that problem, or replace the fan if easier.
I have had the same with a Radeon graphic card fan. I took the fan out and put some thick oil in the bearing.
The bearing is hidden under a sticker normally.

I wouldn't do that on a brushless fan since there are no bearings.

But does that work if it's a crappy little ball bearing fan and has locked up? El-cheapo graphics card have that problem a lot.

Back