Processor may have been fried

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxiclean

hi all. this is my first post. i think i may have fried my processor... i was working on my computer when i hear the sound that none of us want to hear. static discharge.. anyway.... i went to frys and bought a new mother board. (the abit a7t or something like that). I know that the motherboard was fried because you can clearly see a scorch mark on the back of it. So i install the new one. I hear the hard drive spin. the fans spin and light up, the light on the motherboard lights up (telling me that its got power.) but no picture. I knokw its not the video card (tested that). its not the RAM either (tested also) so i basically narrowed it down to either the power supply or the processor. The wierd thing is that the cd drives dont get power even though there plugged in. explaning why i think it could be the power supply. any hlep would be appriciated. thanks (i hope its the power supply and not the processor but knowing my luck its both. lolzorz)

Power Supply

Replace the Power supply most likley culprit. And damn man, ground yourself out on the power supply before touching any of your componants in your case.

lol im not a n00b. i did ground my self. I had the case open and something must have flew in there or a wire touched the motherboard or something like that. I am bringing a voltage meter home from work to test it so ill post when i find out what it is.... i am praying that its the power supply and not the processor

i got this problem before - the mobo was fried, and i have had a freakish accident where a live speaker wire streaked across the mobo but it works fine now ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back