Profile Issues + Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuuKa

Well, im having a huge problem with my computer and my internet.
Its going to be hard to explain whats happening, so first, i will say what was going on before I removed my CA Firewall.

(*) -Everytime I went to the internet, most of the websites images didnt open, it was that little paper with a red X in it.
(*) -Everytime I tried to go to IRC, update another software, it wasnt connecting, same thing with Online Games.

Altough, when I turned the CA Firewall OFF, all of those issues were gone.

Now, about 3 days ago, I removed it, but since then, all of those problems (*) continue just if the Firewall is ON, and my computer is mostly unusable.

I have tried everything i know, delete every file related to CA, clean the registry, antivirus/anti-malware diagnostics, went to safe mode, and did every diagnostic again and nothing, but those problems are still going on.

At this moment, im trying to reinstall CA Firewall, but, for some alien reason, i cant reinstall it, I have the CD and everything, but when I try to install it, there is a message (Warning W9011) saying that the current profile doesnt have enough privileges to update a key in the registry called .efw and telling me to log in as administrator, but im already in an administrator profile.

I cant stand these problems anymore, so I think the best way is to keep the CA Firewall, if you guys could help me install it, I think its enough.

Thanks alot, and I will be here waiting for your answers! ;)

first, uninstall the CA and enable the XP firewall -- reboot.

now try the browser again -- what happens?

I uninstalled it already. And i have tried the XP on and off. Still the same thing!

Please dont leave this post ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back