Programs won't load at startup Windows 7 Ultimate

Bdizzle

I can't get some programs like MSI afterburner to startup with Windows 7 Ultimate. I have clicked on settings->General Properties and clicked on start with windows and start minimized. When I restart my windows MSI afterburner is not running and I need to manually start it. I have googled and searched the forum but it doesn't seem like anybody else is having this problem.

I have the same problem with Realtemp 3.60, I can't get it to start with startup and I'm wondering what's the fix to this? I have tried to use task scheduler in windows 7 but that doesn't work either, I have set it to "run as administrator" as well.

My specs are
Intel i5 2500k 3.3ghz to 3.6ghz
gigabyte z68A-D3-B3
MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr
g.skill ripjaw 2 x 4gb ddr3 1600 9-9-9-28
750gb WD HDD
Corsair TX650 V2
Windows 7 Ultimate

I re-read your post and noticed you set the program to Run as Administrator. Is this always? or do you manually right click it and just Run as Administrator? Or did you change the settings in properties?

Secondly: how are you adding these programs to startup?

Thirdly: Make sure when windows is starting up in the bottom right hand corner near the time, an icon may appear that says "These applications were blocked during startup" So the programs may be attempting to start but are not allowed, the administrator property should fix this issue however.

Edit:
Some programs require to be set to run as administrator to run properly. Therefor, these programs on startup require to be started as administrator as well.

To do this, right click on the EXE file that you wish to run as administrator, select Properties, then go to Compatibility and make sure that it is checked to Run as administrator.

Restart the computer and try again.

Before restarting the computer you can just try running the application after saving this setting to see if the UAV (User Access Control) Window pops up when attempting to open the program, if it does, this should work.

Back