Protecting batch files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ididmyc600

Hi all

right lets make sure i make this clear, forgive me if it isnt

i want to write a series of batch files for use in a pure DOS environment

The files are designed to ghost an image onto a PC then create a second partition and make it bootable.

The files work ok......

but i want to make sure the files cant be read by right clicking them in windows and using notepad to edit them.

can the files be converted to exe files or something similar so that they cant be read.

Notepad and similar would refuse to open them, but they will still be perfectly readable in any typical file viewer program. Unless you actually compile those batch files into say C language, you cannot remove the raw text, only package it differently.

Offhand I cannot suggest how you could 'compile' them, but if you google say, 'compile dos batch program' a number of possibilities emerge. "Quick batch file compiler' is one. It does exactly what you want, but is not free.

HI

Tried that prog, it only works in a win environment, not a dos one

time to keep googling i think

I use Bat To Exe and bat2com to convert batch files to an executable file. You can use diet.exe to compress the resulting file.

You could use 'c' or any other compiler (dos platform), to write your own program to do the conversion.

I use Bat To Exe and bat2com to convert batch files to an executable file. You can use diet.exe to compress the resulting file.

Hi

i found one called batch file compiler PE which worked great and my project is now completed

thanks for the input lads and lasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back