ps2 online connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

alienman

ok well i have tried to connect my ps2 to online and i seem to not be able to... is it because the games are for broadband only and im running on dsl....i used to be able to connect when i was using aol then i switched to yahoo dsl and cant connect any more. My aol modem had a dsl, usb, and dial up hook up and my yahoo one has a ethernet and dial up hook up only. which isnt really changing anything since i usually just needed to connect the ethernet cable only to the ps2. Anyone who can explain this problem? Thx!

What kind of precise modem did you get with your Yahoo DSL?

AT&T Yahoo Broadband usually has two options: modem-only for $59 and the whole enchilada (modem, gateway, dhcp server, firewall, wireless and hub) for like $79.

It sounds to me like you may have a DSL modem only, which performs no DHCP, gateway or firewall duties. If this is the case, I do not think you can configure the PS2 to use this as it doesn't have the software to authenticate and log-into SBC/AT&T Yahoo internet services.. just a PC or MAC.

If it's a Siemans Speedstream or similar, it's probably the lower end choice and may need some additional hardware for the PS2. If it's a 2-wire, then you should be golden and simply need to configure this differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back