PST file corrupted in Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a corrupt PST file in Outlook 2007. All the tools available won't allow me to fix or even restore some of the data.

I have some important emails that I need for business but can't access them.

Outlook 2007 error indicates not a pst file (size not an issue, have copied, renamed, etc. etc. no luck).

Scanpst error doesn't recognize the file.

If anyone has any solutions to recover my .pst file?

Thanks in advance to responses!

Business Email?

Where you configured to access the business exchange server, or where they just emails from business to your personal email account? Information on an exchange server would be recoverable by the admin.

Couple steps you may apply...

1. Repair the offline file with a Microsoft utility called SCANOST.exe. I’ve seen this file
reside in a number of different locations, mainly within Program Files. It might be best to
search for it with Windows or Google Desktop. SCANPST.exe will also work, though you’ll have
to go digging for your outlook.ost, which should be near c:\Documents and Settings\ %profile
%\ Local Settings\ Application Data\ Microsoft\ Outlook\ outlook.ost. If your file is
significant in size, you’ll save a lot of time with the repair operation by not creating a
backup. Because if the repair finishes successfully and Outlook still bombs, you’ll need to;

2. Shutdown Outlook completely, including any runaway outlook.exe processes in the task
manager. Open Mail in the Control Panel and before you delete your profile completely, write
down the server settings! There’s no need to worry about backing up your mail as it’s stored
on the Exchange server. (Essentially, you’re deleting that outlook.ost when you drop your
mail profile.) Now, start Outlook and it will create a new profile, where you’ll configure
the server with the information you wrote down previously.

If steps above doesnt work or you need to get more variants of .pst restoration, visit...

URL Removed - Mod note - Looks fishy for your first post to include links elsewhere. Keeping the rest rather than deleting since it is information, even though it was copy pasted from somewhere else. Protip: Fix your formatting when copy pasting to be less obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back