[Q] Looking for a Macro Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpoR

Hey I have this HP keyboard that came with the HP pavillion a500n computer. It has these buttons on top that you can customize to do certain functions. The only problem is the functions can only be setup to run .exe files. All I want the keys for is to run winamp commands. If anyone is familiar with winamp it has 'global hotkeys' where you can press ctrl+alt+ [button] to skip track, rewind. change volume etc.

Anyways I am looking for a free key macro program where I can save the keystrokes ctrl+alt+PgUp etc as exe files so that I can bind them to the keys on the top of my keyboard. That way I can easily operate my winamp while I'm playing games or whatever. I've looked all over the net and can't seem to find any that work the way I want, or I just can't seem to figure the program itself out T_T.

Anyone know where I can get a key macro program to do this?

RealBlackStuff said:
Do a Google with free keyboard macro program, you'd be surprised!
SpoR said:
I've looked all over the net
I'm not dumb of course I searched google before posting in a forum..

I've tried autohotkey and it didn't work how I wanted it to. However it says "Convert any script into an EXE file that can be run on computers that don't have AutoHotkey installed." can somebody please just make me the macros that do the winamp global hotkeys?

I was hoping someone knew of a simple program to make these quick macros because I don't need the program for anything else. Its a hassle downloading, installing and reading/messing around with all these programs and finding out they don't do what you want or the trialware expires and the macros break etc.

Tried
AutoHotkey - Too complicated
Keytext - Doesn't save as .exe
Workspace Macro -Records mouse and keyboard ( I don't want mouse just keyboard) Doesn't save as .exe
HotKeyboard - Doesn't save as .exe

Ok im done downloading and installing this crap. Can anyone help me.......

Hey
did you say its freeee
its gotta be good if its freeee
keep on lookin and try a little honey

you should be able to use office xp it has built in VB
though I don't know if it will gen exe's

Samstoned said:
Hey
did you say its freeee
its gotta be good if its freeee
keep on lookin and try a little honey

you should be able to use office xp it has built in VB