Question about a home network using a Linksys WRT54GS2

magaman598

If I'm able to, how would I go about running a network hub from an existing port on the router?

I.E. Modem->Router->PCs/Hub->TV/PC

In theory I'm trying to run a wired connection to my room and have the ability to have my PC/TV and any other devices connected to the network physically, my wireless strength isn't exactly good and it's very inconsistent at best when it comes to my internet speeds makes it a bit harder to watch Netflix/Play games.

Any insight would be wonderful!

Hey magaman598. I don't know how many devices you want to " wire" into your network, but I would use a switch, not a hub. The video should provide some clarity.

I have both a switch and a hub, thanks for the video response Hawk! It helped tremendously between the decision of using the hub vs. switch.

I currently have 6 computers and TV on the network, mixture of Wired/Wireless. 2 of them are wired, and hopefully the TV and my PC will be wired soon, making 4 devices.

I do indeed like the thought of using the switch more, is there any type of settings I need to be concerned with when it comes to my router?

I would set the router up for WPA2 encryption and set the router to limit the amount of ip addresses the system uses.

Back