Question about AGP slot/graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfilescreature

Sorry to sound so n00b-ish, but I play all my games on my xbox 360, and don't really know much about computers..ha, I just wanna play the sims 2 without the base game lagging. lmao, anyways, can I put this: http://www.xfxforce.com/web/product/listConfigurationDetails.jspa?productConfigurationId=79772

into this:
837ajja.jpg

80miblk.jpg

?

Provided that slot you have is agp x8 and not a slower slot then it should work fine.
Only thing, there was no mention of minimum psu spec in your link. You need to have a look at the label on the side of your psu for its wattage and its amperage on the 12volt rail.

You might want to blank out your windows serial so than no-one else can use it.

1. How can make sure it's agp x8?
2. you start talking with 3 digit acronyms, and I get LOST. haha, is this what I need to know?cause it doesn't really mean anything to me. That's how computer-stupid I am.
8ehlo3a.jpg

The picture shows the input voltage, not the output voltages. There will be a large lable on the side of the psu, not the back of it.

To find out if your mobo is agp x8 you could look in its manual if you have it, if not, then google and get everest home edition and use that to tell you what speed your agp slot is.

Don't worry about the Power Supply :) The 6200 is not a power hungry card ;)

You have a good enough, modern processor, so its motherboard must support at least 4X AGP, so that card should be compatible with your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back