Question about dead pixels in monitor

Jskid

Are certain models of monitors more likely to have dead pixels or is every LCD just as likely to have a dead pixel?

Are some companies more likely than others to produce monitors with dead pixels? For example Viewsonic is reputable so a monitor from them probably wouldn't have any dead pixels?

I have had 7 LCD monitors, and only 1 had one dead pixel. These were, (are), Westinghouse (3), Soyo, Samsung, Dell, and Hewlett Packard.

The Dell and the HP are IPS panels, the Soyo MVA, the Samsung and Westies are TN tech.

I broke a Westinghouse while working on a computer next to it. This was the one with a dead pixel.

Dead pixels aren't terribly common, but different brands and different lines within the same brand, have different replacement policies.

Dell, "Ultra Sharp" monitors only require one light pixel, to be replaced. The same for my HP IPS monitor. Lower lines of product require more dead, (stuck on light) for replacement.

If possible, I suggest you download the manufacturers warranty info, before making your decision. Newegg says you can't send one back with less than >> 6 or maybe 8 dead pixels, but they're mostly covering their own a**es.

Back