Question on Acer 29" monitor and other monitors

boagz

So newegg is offering the Acer 29" B6 B296CLbmlidprz IPS monitor for about 350. Seems like a pretty good deal but I can't find many reviews on it. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this monitor and/or if you guys have better options for someone who is looking for an IPS monitor below 400 bucks. I want to game with it as well as do some 3d modeling and photoshop work. So I need reasonable response time for gaming. I was also looking at the HP ZR2440w and was gonna get that until I saw this deal on newegg for a larger monitor. 24" models are fine but if there are good deals on some 27" inch ones then I would be interested in those as well. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited:
Be careful with that 29" monitor though, it is a 21:9 aspect ratio. It is more for professional use and people who like to heavily multitask. I say that because I have heard that games do not scale well to 21:9 and look widened.

It is a great deal if you arent gaming, but if you are gaming 24"-27" is the way to go (16:9 aspect ratio).

Oh wow good point. Alright well everyone can disregard that first half of my question then lol.

Oh wow good point. Alright well everyone can disregard that first half of my question then lol.
I remember someone telling me a few months back that games didnt scale well. I am not sure if that is still the case or if it was even the case (he could have been picky and was looking for problems), but I would just play it safe and go with a 16:9 monitor.

-JC

Back