Questions before Purchase of a tablet - Lenovo

stevearno

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help me , I feel a bit confused and frustrated trying to buy a "cheap" tablet , I have asked questions on the manufacturers website but the only replies I have, seem to be very unsure

I have never really owned one - I have always owned customs pc's

my queries are :
I want to buy the following TABLET ,as it has good reviews for the price range:

Lenovo Tab 2 A10-30

I want to use it on a expedition , where my only source of POWER will be SOLAR ( portable solar panels ) a 14watt 5v-2.1amps and I am looking at buying a 60watt DC18v-3.3amps and also another USB 5v

it seems these tablets - only have a micro usb charging socket so my first question would be can they run off a USB charge ? has anyone charged a tablet from a USB on their PC etc etc

my second question would be: it would seem most android ( 5.1 ) micro usb tablets can support OTG but even on the Lenovo site they are unable to tell me if this model can . As the tablet is only 16gig with a further 32gig SD card . It would not be nearly enough and wish to take USB flash drives ..

My next question would be if I use a OTG charging cable with more than one USB can I plug in x 2 5V solar panel connections into it to charge up faster ? I can not find anywhere the minimum power requirements of the tablet

I guess I was just hoping someone else had tried to charge devises from solar or even a battery bank

any insight or shared experience I would be very grateful , it just seems I am getting no where

I don't want to buy a tablet that won't charge or limits me via storage
also on another note - are there such cable that run from DC input into a multiple USB and would I need some kind of regulator to do this ?

many thanks in advance

steven

Back