Questions regarding my new monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalin

Hello,

I have just set up my new TFT monitor, and have some questions.

Currently I have the Omega Drivers installed for my graphic card, but I installed them with my previous monitor connected, and was wondering if I needed to uninstall them and reinstall them with my new monitor connected. Do the graphic card drivers not really have anything to do with the monitor, and should I just keep them installed as they are?

Also, I am wondering whether I needed to update my drivers for this monitor. I have found the driver download on the official site, but in the zip file there are 2 files, called 776.icm and al17xx.inf , but I don't really know what i'm meant to do with these files.

Any help is appreciated!

Howdy!

Thalin said:
there are 2 files, called 776.icm and al17xx.inf , but I don't really know what i'm meant to do with these files.
Extract the files to a temp folder. Right click the desktop/select properties.
click the settings tab/ click the advanced button. Now click the monitor tab.
click the properties button. now click the driver tab. Click update driver and browse to the temp folder that has the two files in it and follow directions from there

Post back if you have any trouble!
G'Luck

I click 'include this location in my search' and select the temp folder, but it tells me it can't find any drivers that are better than the ones already installed. Must be no new drivers for my plug and play monitor then.

With a plug and play monitor you shouldn't need to install any additional drivers. Windows should be able to handle it. Graphics card drivers affect the graphics card output but not the function of the monitor [italic]per se[/italic]. In other words just plug in the monitor and.... play.

Thalin said:
Hello,

I have just set up my new TFT monitor, and have some questions.

Currently I have the Omega Drivers installed for my graphic card, but I installed them with my previous monitor connected, and was wondering if I needed to uninstall them and reinstall them with my new monitor connected. Do the graphic card drivers not really have anything to do with the monitor, and should I just keep them installed as they are?

Also, I am wondering whether I needed to update my drivers for this monitor. I have found the driver download on the official site, but in the zip file there are 2 files, called 776.icm and al17xx.inf , but I don't really know what i'm meant to do with these files.

Any help is appreciated!

ICM is the Image Color Matching profile of your monitor, various graphic software use it to display color correctly on your monitor.

INF is your monitor Information file, it contained various things such as resolutions and sync rates available for use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back