Quirky Sound Issue - X-Fi Titanium

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXCellR8

Alright so I've been dealing with a sort of annoying little problem with my audio setup lately; and I can't seem to correct it. I have my headset connected to the back of my sound card via mic input and regular 2.1 stereo output and then optical input for my PS3. My problem is that whenever i switch modes (i.e. Entertainment -> Game Mode) I'm getting a static sound and some weird reverb or something while i'm playing a game. If I minimize the game and un-mute the "line-in" connection, the static and feedback immediately stop.

Now that's just great but sometimes, like I notice it when I play L4D, the "line-in" automatically mutes itself again and i hear the anomalies just as i did before. i can keep un-muting it but it always comes back. I was thinking it was some kind of automatic detection problem with the mic or something but i can also manually re-mute the line in and it doesn't make any unwanted noises!? Idk what is going on with this. Any suggestions before I do a complete overhaul on audio software?

Eh, so I tried disabling a few audio features like the EAX effects and 3D but the same thing happens, annoying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back