Radeon 9250 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm really not good at this stuff, so sorry if I don't understand on the first shot. I had a Radeon 9250 for probably a year now. it use to work perfecly until I restarted my computer because my comp was bugged up. now, the old video card that I use to use is the only one working, when ever I plug my monitor into my Radeon 9250, my screen goes blank... I found a way to fix that once, it was by disabling the old crappy graphic card. it worked perfecly and I had downloaded all the games that my Radeon could play, then I closed my computer for the night. when I woke up and opened it.. my Radeon would be blank as always and my crappy card was disabled, so it did not work... I had to once again restart my computer cause I couldn't even go on the internet for help (couldn't see anything) now I'm back like at the start, my monitor goes blank when ever I plug it into my Radeon. Thanks

Its possible that your "old and crappy" video card is interfering with your BIOS settings. I would remove the card, because your BIOS probably defaults immediately to that slot(PCI most likely).

In short, however, that kind of setup is almost a full decade old. In my opinion, computers should be updated at least every 2-3 years. I would ditch that setup and get started on a new one.

Tmagic, maybe its best to not redirect him to someone else, were here to help.

Good Luck,
sw123

"Tmagic, maybe its best to not redirect him to someone else, were here to help"...

Because of the grammar and this intro "Hey, I'm really not good at this stuff, so sorry if I don't understand on the first shot"...

I thought it maybe good to have another "hands on" in person tech help with this

sorry if I didn't say that earlier.. my "my old and crappy card" is in my computer (its intergrated in that main card) so, I cant remove it.. and I cant do the "do not use this card" thing, because then I can't close my comp

the card intergrated in my comp is a: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics controller... now that I think of... is that even considered as a graphic card??

anyways.. in device manager, I nothiced a disinstall and deactivate thing.. I'm afraid to try them because I don't want my comp to bug up like it does when I check "do not use this device"... could that work?

If your Radeon 9250 was working fine before but now it's not, it may have just died. Can you test it in another PC somewhere?

will, it'll work if I check "do not use this device" (my computer comepletely bugs up when I close it though if I do this) and It broke when I reformated my computer.. so I don't think its dead.. but thats a good idea.. I'll try that

Let us know how the test works out. Also, what graphics driver are you using, that is, what Catalyst version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back