Radeon 9550 dual display problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a DVI to VGA adaptor today, so i was hoping to run two displays, but when I plug my secondary moniter into the adaptor and then plug the adaptor into my computer it just wont show! (well it lights up and stuff it just does not display anything, in-other-words, a black screen...)

AND... To answer any questions in advance :p ...
Yes, I know how to use Catalyst to enable and ajust/set my moniter/TV up.

Yes, I did everything the help center, and other people have told me too do.

Yes, I have the latest version of Catalyst (7.9).

Yes, I have tested the moniter that won't work as secondary on this computer by plugging it in to my VGA port on my card and making it my primary moniter . (YES it worked)

Yes, I know my max settings (Refresh and Resolution) of the secondary moniter and have set them to what they need to be.

And lastly! Yes, Catalyst does find the moniter (It just won't display a picture...)

And, of course, here are the important specs:

Intel Stinkeron D, 3.33ghz... (oh I mean Celeron D :p)
ASRock 775i65g Mobo...
ATI Radeon 9550(SE): 256 MB... (and if you are too lazy to look it up it does support duel displays and has 1 VGA, 1 DVI, and 1 S-Vid port)
1.5GB of ddr400 RAM...

Thanks in advance,

Macc:wave:

Sorry to ask you the same questions again but....

Does your second monitor show up in displays manager and can you select it?

If so.. have you selected extend my desktop? right click on a blank part of your desktop, right click/properties/setings. its there..

Sorry if you know all this already :)

Yes my moniter does show up in display manager, and yes I have clicked "Extend My Desktop". I also tried another moniter, but the result was the same.

Thanks for asking.

Oh and I will be gone for 5 days (Camping), so I won't be able to answer to this thread, BUT please do post anything you might know. (Just don't wait for an answer;) )

Thanks again,

Macc

Sounds like everything should be working correctly... Do you still have your dvi to svideo cable? Try plugging in an old television set though this cable, or test out your new dvi to vga cable on someone elses pc? maybe a dodgy cable? sorry couldent be more help :(

Reboot into safe mode and uninstall the drivers for the card.
Reboot and reinstall with both monitors connected - hopefully this should work.
I have three monitors running off two cards and it was a sod to set up - but once done it is stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back