Radeon 9600 Pro cannot rotate display

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've added pics that should hopefully have all my specs that are needed to answer my question.

I installed today the catalyst for my Radeon 9600 pro graphics card its an older card, I have just been using the default windows drivers till now.

I'm trying to rotate my secondary screen which on the catalyst menu is actually listed as the Desktop #1. I have the option in several places to rotate 90* cw , 90* ccw and even 180* , but it doesn't matter which option I choose after I apply it goes back to the standard landscape 0*. Even if I try to force it it still goes back to the default option.

I'm using windows xp pro service pack 2, it should also be listed in the pics. I hope the pictures show up.

P.S. I also tried to remove the secondary monitor and just try to rotate the primary monitor and the same thing happened.
My monitors are Samsung Syncmaster 930b both of them and I have the stands to rotate the monitors physically.

P.S.S. I now thinking this should have been in another thread, sorry this is my 1st post if it is supposed to be in another thread can someone move it?

You might need to download and install Samsungs driver software for the monitors before the rotate option can work properly. Update XP to Service Pack 3 and check for any other microsoft updates you might have missed. Do you have all the .NET Framework software installed? These are located in the Optional download section of Windows Update. I use a Samsung SyncMaster 245bw. Running with a Nvidia 9600 video card. It uses Nvidias Control Center, and it rotates well. It wouldn't hurt to up your physical memory to at least 2GB

I hope this helps, I have a PC I was about to wipe and setup for the kids with somewhat the same setup. XPSP2, ATI AIW9600PRO, SyncMaster 204B. To rotate the display I point at the ATI logo in the taskbar and right click. I then select the primary display, rotate display, left 90ccw. Once this is selected and the display rotates if I turn off power and restart my PC the windows splash screen is in standard mode but the login screen is properly rotated.

Verify that in device manager you have two 9600 display drivers listed under display adapter and that you have a SyncMaster driver under monitor. As for the other bundled software Natural Color, LCD Gamma, and Magic Tune these just allow you to calibrate and make quick adjustments to your monitor but I do not believe they are involved in the rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back