Radeon 9800 pro, I need a moderate card upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently lost my 9800 pro due to the fan on the cooling unit somehow breaking off during the day and me coming home to a broken, burnt up radeon card. I am looking for a rather inexpensive upgrade. Ive had this pc for almost 7 years and just upgraded here and there. Running a Pentium 4 2.4(class b), 1 gig of ddr ram, 3 harddrives (40, 60, 250*sata*), and an Audigy 2 ZS. All of this into a D865 Perl Intel motherboard.

In about 2 years after college i plan on buying a laptop so this only has to last till then. I am not interested in building a new comp for PCIe. The Radeon 9800 pro was playing most mmo's, so it should be a bit better to skew me into atleast another 2 years of mmo gaming.

Price range is up to 150. I paid about that much for my Radeon 9800 pro when my radeon 9500 was taken out of this computer, so i figure in 2 years i should be able to do the same again and drag out a few more years of life.

Ill check back periodically and look forward to any and all responses. Thank you for your time and happy gaming :)

im guessing that your looking for an agp card, also how many watts is your power supply

you cant go wrong with a x1950 pro radeon agp i have just got one they are really cheap and is a decent graphics card one of the fastest agp cards left with the 7950gt nvidia but the x1950 pro is cheaper

No DX10 card under 150 will actually perform well enough to warrant it's DX10 capability. Stick to a higher-end DX9 and you'll be pretty safe, all in all. I'd recommend 7900GS (Rage already recommended it) or X1900. Then again, if all you're doing is casual MMO play, pretty much anything will do, eh? Except Age of Conan. That I wouldn't push too hard for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back