RAID 1 XP Major failure....urgent help required:(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI all,

I have just purchased a duplicate drive to my maxtor 160gb sata driver, which I currently use on a single HDD base. I converted it to Dynamic from Basic, then rebooted while I attached my second disk to the motherboard via SATA cable.

I then went into (F6) SAta config, and set up a RAID 1 mirror solution, and then asked me to copy all data to the new disk, did so. After 40 mins completed, rebooted, now all that happends the Windows XP logo comes for 2 cycles then reboots and gets in to this cycle. I cannot even use them as single drives and successfully get into my OS.

I have tried to recover and reinstall, however when you goto reinstall all it says is that Windows is currently on the disk and cannot be reinstalled.

?

Any ideas on this problem....would really appreciate any help!

Thanks
Darren

Why did you do that dynamic disk silliness? It is totally unneeded for hardware RAID..

so just to clarify, my original disk was turned from basic to dynamic, I then installed the RAID via hardware SATA on the motherboard, now I have 2 RAID 1 mirrored disks that when I boot into windows the XP logo just loops......please do you know if there is a fix for this?

I know the data is safe, becuase I used R-Studio to recover all the files, however I dont want to reinstall everything frmo scratch, I would prefer to maybe fix the mirror I have, or is this a format job?

Thanks for the info

Darren

Can any help me with this?
Just to clarify.
Im using a Asus P4G8X deluxe MB that has the SATA RAID on board. Im not using any othre RAID devices.

I have my main OS disk on the SATA0, I then changed the disk from basic to dynamic via Disk manager in XP PRO.

swithed off machine, install new unpartitioned disk on SATA1, swithced on, F6 for RAID bios, then created a Mirror Raid 1 and duplicated the files from OS to the new disk.

After completion, reboot, then the XP loop started, now cannot get back into the OS.

Im using the sillicon 3112 onboard.

I really need help on this anyone....

Thanks

darren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back