Raidmax Scorpio 868 case

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Smee

This case is great nice look cheap pre moded and come with a generic 420 watt power supply.

The problem arises with the power supply i only really want this case if The PSU will last as long as the rest of the system (I don’t really want 2 go out and spend $100AUD +++ on a new PSU)

I have been warned off the generic brand power supplies some saying they will fry your system and are very unstable is this true???

I’m planning to case all the wires so I don’t really what to waste my time and money casing them if I have 2 return the PSU within the month

This PSU will have 2 support my system + 2 cold lights + 8 fans (80mm) and some LED in the front panel CAN THIS PSU DO ALL THIS AND STILL MAINTAIN STABILITY ???

Try getting the system up & running without all the extras at first ( leds, extra case fans, etc ). Once it works, add the fans one by one & take the time to test the system to see if it's still stable.

If all goes well, add a few more items & test the system again. If at one point you start having stability problems, then you have some very good clues as to where to look for the culprit.

i was thinking about selling it cheap around $50AUD then buyin a Antec True Power 480W then I know for sure it wont bail

im sure it'll be OK, cos fans LED's etc take sodd all power.

is 100 AUD a lot?? i just spent £95(250AUD) on a Globalwon PSU. OK, it's like the Bently of PSU's but god-damn it's stable, even on full draw. a PSU is probably the most overlooked yet crucial part of a PC.

If you can meter the power as you're adding the extras...one by one.....it'll give you a little better idea of the direction you're heading. From there you can make a better informed decision on whether to go with another PSU or back off on some of the glitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back