RAM question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCool

I recently discovered the cpu-z program. I ran it and for my ram it says that the frequency is 267 mhz. My ram is PC4200 533 mhz DDR2, should the frequency be around 533? So, is my ram running slower than it should, or is the frequency the program shows something different than the 533mhz? I just kinda had a thought, the ram is dual channel so is the 267 only one channel? 267 times 2 is 534, is that how it works? Just wanna make sure my ram is running like it should be, any help for my dumb :p question will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

It doesn't have anything to do with dual-channel memory. You bought DDR-II memory where DDR stands for dual data rate so for a speed of 267, each cycle is used for two operations resulting in a speed of 533 (or at least an impression of speed of 533 :p).

Dual-channel is another technology used to double the memory bandwidth available for the CPU.

So in other words you Ram is running fine lol

mine says 200mhz on Cpu-Z and its 400mhz Ram so its cool

LOL thanks, I thought dual channel had something to do with it because under "channel #" it says "dual". But I was close, just called it something different. Anyway, thanks much for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back