RAM Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekieNick101

Ok Hi everybody,

I have left over ram from one of my old systems I parted out and It was an Emachines t2642 and I have freind that has a Dell D 2400 and I was wondering if I would give them this ram would it work? There Dell 2400 was made in 2003 and my ram type is DDR PC2700. The comptuer were made around the same time both in 2003 so yeah Im thinking yes and its 256b ram stick and they only have 256mb in there computer now so I feel sorry for them thats really low so can anyone please telll me if it will work I really dont want to hurt their comptuer. Also if it is the wrong PC number type of ram will it do any damage to their comptuer. Thank you very much everyone that reads this

Hehe, thats so nice of you!

A dell dimension 2400 does take pc2700 RAM so it will work. However, the RAM sticks could physically be a different size although this is quite unlikely. If it is a different size you will see it instantly so you wont damage the computer.

Good luck.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Regards,

Korrupt

It works :)

I gave them the ram today they installed it and had no problems it works just fine.

Thank you so much Korrupt you were 100% correct

No problem mate, glad to help out. Let me know if you need help with anything else. You seem like a nice guy, and I like nice guys:p

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back