Random blue/black screen, Win7 Pro

I am currently in the process of troubleshooting a computer that BSOD's randomly. It always happens after some amount of idle time according to the user that uses it. I would appreciate any direction you can provide so I can stop this from happening. I have attached the .dmp file and I will list the checks I have done so far.

Memtest+ 86
Chkdsk
verifier.exe
HP built in tests

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• 111711-13228-01.dmp
    128 KB · Views: 0
What are the complete computer specs? We are not sitting next to you and we can't read you mind :)

Specs are: 3.2ghz intel i3, 2gb RAM, everything else is integrated hardware. If you need more specifics on other things I will have to get them this evening when I have access to the computer.

No, I haven't been able to catch them. I'm thinking I might try forcing it to sleep or into other power save modes to see what that does. I'll have a chunk of time to focus on it towards the end of the day.

Because of the tests you have already run, it could be an overheating issue. Check the inside for dust and other debris while you are there

Forced it to sleep last night and I couldn't bring it back up from there no matter how many times I tried. Ended up subduing the Sleep ability until I can get a chance to do some repair work to the Windows environment or re-image it altogether. Thank you for your prompt responses!

Back