Random Computer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilC2005

My computer has been behaving extremely strangely, I am using a Gigabyte motherboard, with a 3200 processor AMD64, a Enermax 480W power supply, and dual channel Corsair.
A while ago, my computer had difficulties starting up, and just refused to turn on, my remedy to this was to remove connections from the power supply, reconnect only the ones that were required and then try again, it worked! After this, it worked for a while, and then refused to work again, it turned on, and the graphics refused to respond, I saw nothing, the monitor did not even come out of standby. To try and fix this I just held the motherboard power connector in place, and pushed restart a few times, and it then started working.
Then the whole experience became a lot more exciting as the monitor froze, and completely crashed, I had to restart it, and then had to hold the motherboard connector in place again.
I decided that this was getting a bit serious so I ran prime 95, and this kicked up no errors, I restarted and ran a ram check, this returned no errors for a long time, but at a random point in time, it returned a few thousand errors! I let it run had no other problems, I restarted and started again, and this time returned no errors, does anyone have any ideas what the problem is, or at least what I should do to try and work out what it is?

Thanks A lot!

I have a nephew that had the same problem. after inspecting the power harness that connects to the mobo it was found to be faulty. the metal connectors were beginning to heat and show signs of burning. here cured that buy buying a new power supply for his tower. cost £15.00.

yes his pc was crashing. i think perhaps it was much easier and less chance of it turning out a balls-up. if he had just tried to replace the connectors , it was possible that the whole harness could have been to short, so for him it also safer to replace the power supply

what ram test did you run?

usually if their are errors you may have bad ram, but it may be the powersupply also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back