Random freezing with new hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb444

Hi all,
Basically I got a new 320GB Seagate Barracuda (S300 version) a few days ago and the evening I put it in got BSOD
KERNEL STACK INPAGE ERROR 0x00000077 (0xC0000185, 0xC0000185, 0x00000000, 0x01AEF000)
I ignored this (as you do) and had no more trouble untill yesterday it freezed up a few times. This morning it happened twice in 15 mins so I took out the new hdd to check it was the problem (had no problems since taken it out).
I have updated all mobo and VGA drivers.
Anyone had a similar problem?
I'm sure you get loads of questions like this so if this problem has been dealt with somewhere else please redirect me (I spent 20 mins looking but didnt find anything similar)

Backup your files and remove that Profile you're using on your PC. XP Pro do you have it? I had the same type of issue and when I had removed the login profile on was using on that PC, problem was gone...

That might have somthing to do with it...because after I installed the hard drive (I think it might have been just before) The logon screen randomly switched from the usual blue screen with a list of the accounts to a window prompt with a list box for usernames and a text box for password (I hadnt changed any of the settings)
Also there is an account "ASP.NET Machine A..." That is limited and password protected. I have added no such account.
Surely I cant delete my logon profile if its the only one...? (I can't use the other one since it has a password that I dont know)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back