Random programs incl HJT don't respond to mouse click.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
i am having this problem for the past few hours. random programs including avi , flv, rar files have stopped responding to mouse clicks, be it left click or right. for example i was trying to open a rar file that i could open only the day before but suddenly it stopped responding. but the computer does not hang and i can do other stuff. i have downloaded the most recent copy of HJT but i could not even open it.
i have not installed any recent programs except for updating already installed programs like Kaspersky Internet security and adobe.
I am using Windows XP SP2.
please help me.

Hi sona and welcome to TechSpot.:wave:

You need to try to do as much as you can of the following instructions.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.
We also need to know the result of Panda Antirootkit.

This thread is for the use of sona only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Sorry, I just had to check: You were saying they don't respond to any mouse clicks; does the enter key on your keyboard work?

momok said:
Sorry, I just had to check: You were saying they don't respond to any mouse clicks; does the enter key on your keyboard work?
No, it doesn't.
also i have tried following the instructions provided by Rik. nothing seems to be helping. i suppose format is the only option left for me. thanks guys for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back