Random reboots with Mini031207-01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I have been dealing with this problem for almost a month with no real answer yet. when I am playing a game (has happened with guild wars as well as resident evil 4) the computer will randomly (sometimes after a little while sometimes after hours) reboot. I then get a message that it's recovered from a serious error...etc. it says the info is in Mini031207-01.dmp (I have attached one). maybe this can provide info for someone to help me out?

I have swapped out the graphics card, the RAM, and the PSU. no luck, same thing happens. the computer is stable otherwise, it's only when playing a game. Temperatures are fine. I have no idea what's going on. I've got the newest drivers and updated bios.

any ideas? let me know if you need more info about my system.
core 2duo 6400
3 gigs RAM
radeon x1950 pro card

please help!!!

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Mini031207-01.dmp
    100 KB · Views: 5
Problem kmixer.sys: Is the kernel audio mixer of Windows, so it is most likely a problem with the sound card. I would try to find updated drivers from the manufactuer's site and Windows Update.

so you mean it's a problem with the audio card (soundblaster live 24bit) drivers, or with the mobo audio?

im not sure what you meant by
"kmixer.sys: Is the kernel audio mixer of Windows"

so windows can't communicate properly with the soundcard? that would cause reboots? sorry, i'm just trying to understand where the issue is and how to tackle it.

I'll check my drivers when i get home today. thanks so much for the quick response.

Yes you get it.. windows is having a problem with your sound card drivers... Let knows if it works....

hey it looks like it's ok now. i'll give ti a few more days to be sure, but i think we're good! thanks a lot, you really saved me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back