random restarts in games

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem arose maybe about 2-3 months ago. I haven't had this problem at all for the 2 years I've owned the computer. At first it was every once in a while and it gradually got worse and worse to the point to where almost everytime I try to play a game it either drops out saying windows has encountered a problem, blue screens then resets with no error message, or locks and sound loops. I replaced my memory with a new stick yesterday thinking maybe my memory was going bad but the problem still persists. It only happens when playing games otherwise, surfing the net listening to music ect. it doesnt crash at all. The games it has been crashing on lately are World of Warcraft, Neverwinter nights 2, oblivion and heroes of might and magic 5. None of which it used to crash on at all. Any help at all on how to fix the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Its probably not as serious as this but I had the same problem about 2 years ago and it turned out to be a crack in the motherboard which I only found when someone suggested I flex the board, did you upgrade at all around the time the problem started?

no recent upgrade

I haven't upgrade anything as of late, with the exception of my memory stick yesterday. The last thing I updated before that was my video card about a year ago and it ran error free until recently.

well then, there's your problem. Read installing RAM and troubleshooting in the guides forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back