Random screen freeze into restart, heat, power or GPU?

Hello

I've recently built a new computer for gaming, and everything was working fine and running perfectly up until yesterday. Basically what happens is the screen locks up, I can still move the mouse around hear audio but then shortly it goes black with "No Signal". I also notice that my keyboard/mouse lose power as if the computer has turned off completetly but the motherboard appears to be on, then it just restarts. I suspect heat or power (though my temps I'm assuming are fine? 35c~ when browsing firefox with other programs open for music etc and up to 45-50 when gaming), I hope I'm okay with my PSU, I was told it would be okay for my build. Lastly I ask GPU because the motherboard/fans isn't actually shutting off when the computer restarts.

Specs:

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z LGA 1155 Intel Z68
GTX 580
Corsair TX750w
8GB Corsair Vengeance
i5 2500k
Using a Frio Heatsink for my CPU
WD Black HDD

Thank you.

Try going into event viewer in windows and see if there's anything in there reporting problems with a specific component in you're system. To get to event viewer just click the windows start menu, type in "event viewer", and the go to administrative events under the custom views tab. Also do you have any minidump files you can attach here that could help.

I found the two events at the times where my computer rebooted and it gave me these: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Attachments

• steveminidump.zip
    38.4 KB · Views: 3
Well from the dumps I'm getting that it's you're video card that is causing the crashes/problems. I'd start by completely removing you're cards current drivers and reinstalling them. Ensure when you download you're new drivers from the nvidia website that you're downloading the 64-bit version. (this is assuming you're running 64-bit which you should considering you have 8gb of RAM)

Here's the link http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Back