Raspberry Pi Model B+ adds extra USB ports, better audio, lower power consumption, more

Shawn Knight

TechSpot Staff
Staff member
Computer hobbyists now have yet another option to choose from in the mini computer market. The Raspberry Pi Foundation on Monday announced a brand new version of the Raspberry Pi Model B, aptly called the Model B+.

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/57400-raspberry-pi-model-b-adds-extra-usb-ports-better-audio-lower-power-consumption-more.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

Jad Chaar

Elite Techno Geek
Eh our tech club just got 20 of the Model Bs. At least there isn't a 2.0 just yet... that would have made me pretty mad.

G

Lol, with all extensions 2-3x highest price than normal PC or Tablet.

G

I wouldnt buy this even if they gifted it! Where would I plug my AMD 7970?!

[/sarcasm]
In case someone wondered...

misor

TS Evangelist
I wish raspberry pi is openly sold at more stores. some individuals in the Philippines bought the product and resold it for relatively large profit margin.
also, is raspberry pi already sold in the u.s.a.'s popular e-stores? (newegg, tigerdirect, amazon, bestbuy)
(sold out on raspberry pi's own website)

Last edited:
G

cliffordcooley
Always read 35$ 35$ 35$ but nobody told you the adapter 10$ meanwhile same adapter in same shop without RPi label 1$.
A simple plastic case 20-30$
LOL LOL LOL

cliffordcooley

TS Redneck
I'm still laughing!

Seriously though, can someone translate the comment above me. Looks to me they are saying an iPhone internals only cost $10. It is the casing that cost $590. Which I find irrelevant because the Raspberry PI is sold without a case.