Razer intros Imperator gaming mouse with adjustable side buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Razer introduced its latest gaming mouse today, the Imperator. The new mouse is designed for right-handed use, and along with its ergonomic form factor it boasts a contoured, adjustable thumb grip. By allowing gamers to reposition the side buttons, the mouse can cater to various palm sizes and grip styles. This is achieved by placing the buttons on a sliding mechanism, which can move forward and backward.

Most of the other technical specifications seem to be in line with Razer's other gaming mice. It features a 5600dpi Razer Precision 3.5G laser sensor, a 1ms response time, up to 200 inches per second/50g acceleration, on-board memory, seven programmable buttons, on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment, and zero-acoustic Teflon feet.

In millimeters, the Razer Imperator measures 123(L) x 71(W) x 42(H), and it attaches via USB. You can currently purchase the Imperator through Razer's website for $79.99. Click through to watch brief promo video of the Imperator.

Permalink to story.

I'm thinking, time to retire my original diamondback, I've only had it for... since it came out, so a while. The adjustable side buttons really aren't that adjustable, they slide back and forth about a centimeter but maybe thats enough to make a difference. 5600dpi is just ridiculous but when your going for the most hyper responsive mouse and the market why do anything less.

Damn, my lachesis is now obsolete.. 5600dpi what can that possibly be used for? 4000 is more than enough for me.

Pretty well done Ad, mouse itself looks pretty good tho I don't think I'd use the "Adjustable thumb grip" anyway,
@Adhmuz thanks for the mini-review

5600dpi? That's nuts. But...the ad is interesting and the mouse certainly looks pretty damn functional.

wow now this is a mouse i will probably upgrade my current razor mouse to 5600 dpi is sick ill be buying this for my gaming rig.

Wow that mouse seem to be very good, I have a logitech revolution but sometimes it is uncomfortable to play with it, and as it weas not a gaming mouse sometimes it lounched applications when it was not intendet to, jaja maybe it's time to get a new one

As usual, Ned's store is closed. Dang, us lefties are out in the cold again.

I really did try and use a Razer right handed once before, but I just don't have the dexterity.

I have the Razer DeathAdder and it is a really good mouse. Looks and feels great! The Imperator looks great too, but I think it's getting a little too complicated for me. :p

Looks nice but I would love to see vertical side buttons on a Razer mouse, SideWinder X8 style. If they were to do this I'd probably swap over to the Razer side of life.

Ive never tried any of these more sophisticated mice, do they really make things more convenient? And there just seems to be so many (or too many?) models to choose from now.

I never had a gaming mouse in my life, and im a gamer! but i think
its too much money to spend on a mouse anyway.. i'd rather spend it on my GPU or CPU

80$ is way too much for a mouse even if it's so sophisticated. I don't want to be afraid to break it when i use it.
Do so many buttons really help on a mouse?

Whoa, that insane dpi is kinda scary. I think my Logitech G5 still has plenty of life left in it, to think of it, I think will buy a nother G5 just because I love it so much and it fits my hand so perfectly. And the little weights, on the fly DPI settings are extra sweetness.

I never liked the feel of Razer in my hand. Guess I'm just too used to G5. This one looks pretty neat though.

I only just bought a Razer Deathadder mouse which i must say is totally awesome! I would gladly recommend any of the Razer mice as they are built with quality and they are so responsive! This one looks brilliant, but i think 3500DPI is enough for me! I like the idea of the movable buttons though!

I've got a logitech VX something or rather, cost me $25 down at msy, and it has all i'll ever need in a general/gaming mouse, i can't see the need for anything more then it, i've tried gaming mice, and they just seem like a bit of a gimmick to me.

This seems to be a bit of a gimmick to me, something maybe to boast to your geeky friends about... I mean can someone honestly say that they need 5600dpi in a game?

I'm concerned with such mice that offer adjustable buttons and whatnot (like this or Habu). I mean, I really abuse my electronics so build quality is a top priority for me. And I think this applies to the majority of gamers out there.

i boutgh a razer death adder last year and the side button broke. I wonder if this sliding button could brake easily... Except for this problem, the death adder is the best mouse i ever bought =)

Tehoste said:
Damn, my lachesis is now obsolete.. 5600dpi what can that possibly be used for? 4000 is more than enough for me.

Same here dude - but I'm not gonna be upgrading until something more worthy comes, like 8 or 10.000 DPI :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back